Tuesday, July 1, 2008

U Say Potato, I Say Potato



Potatoes. I love them. Any way I can get them. I just don't eat them too often. Just enough. After all, they are healthy & a good carb. I prepare them this way at home when I have the urge yet am still health conscious. Talk about so simple, fast and easy yet so delicious. You'd almost think you deep fried these babies. This was my own simple creation & I can't explain the flavor that comes from just putting these in a pan with very little olive oil and then letting the heat take over, turning them into a crispy dream. You don't have to stand over the stove watching them either so you can assemble the rest of your dinner easily. I usually just season them with sea salt, pepper and garlic powder. On days when I am being a little more naughty I shred some cheese over them and let it melt before sliding them on a plate. Any seasoning or cheese would do, adjust to your tastes. But you should try!!!

Potato Rounds

1 tblsp Olive oil
2 lb bag fingerling potatoes, sliced thin but not paper thin
Sea salt, pepper, garlic powder

Heat oil in pan over medium high heat. Place the potatoes in a single layer in pan, overlapping slightly if necessary. Let them just sit there for 10 minutes to get cooked on the bottom. Then toss around a bit. After about 20 minutes, season them with whatever your heart desires and serve. Even when pan gets dry and there's no more oil, don't worry about it. They don't stick and this is why they're healthy. Only 1 tblspn of oil between 2-3 people.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for stopping by! I am like you, I get excited when I hear about other Tristans!! It's cute to read about them. Your family is cute family too. Florida is awesome, we have only been once, but can't wait to go back. I am also trying to eat better and get new ideas. Nice to meet you!!

Life, Love And Lola said...

Is that a MOJITO in the background??? YUM!

The Rockin' Wife said...

I love the Mojito in the picture, too! Funny!

I love to pour a glass of wine & cook.

Sweet Pea Chef said...

Yum. I can almost taste them now. Another great "recipe free" idea! Thanks Steph.

Live.Love.Eat said...

Yes, Mojitos for everyone!!!! I have grown so fond of this drink. Rockin' Wife - I too love to drink a glass of wine or a mojito or a vodka and tonic while I am cooking. All I am missing is a girlfriend in the kitchen since my hubby doesn't cook!

miri68 said...

Hi, I also have a Tristan, 12yr boy, and I love potatoes! This sounds like a wonderful recipe, and Mojito-I had a pomegranate(sp?)one at a steak place and loved it! It's my new fav.