Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Prosciutto Mozzarella Pinwheels

Hi all. I am on a huge Giada kick & loving all the recipes in her new book plus some old ones. What I like to do is skim through her show on Food Network & if there are any recipes I am interested in I quickly add the link to my list on my sidebar.

Anyway, this appetizer is awesome!!! I haven't worked with prosciutto much in the past but it's a salty meat, an Italian word for ham. This was simple & fun to make, ready to go in the oven as soon as the bell went off. And delicious!!!!!!

Flour, for dusting
1 lb purchased pizza dough (I bought fresh from deli)
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
7 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced
1 cup coarsely chopped baby spinach
1 tblsp olive oil
Salt & Pepper

Preheat oven to 425 & position rack in lower third of the oven. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. If not, grease one.

On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the pizza dough into a 12 to 14-inch circle, about 1/4-inch thick. Sprinkle 1/2 of the mozzarella over the dough. Arrange the prosciutto over the cheese in a single layer. Sprinkle with the chopped spinach, then top with the remaining cheese.

Roll the dough into a thin cylinder, gently tucking in the ends. Brush the entire roll with the olive oil & season with the salt & pepper. Place the dough, seam-side down, on the baking sheet & bake for 25 minutes until the top is golden brown.

Cool the roll for 10 minutes, then use a serrated knife to cut it into 3/4-inch slices.

Click Here for a Printable Recipe

For more delicious Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays, please go visit Blessed with Grace.

34 comments:

sassy stephanie said...

Once again....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

FROGGITY! said...

yum yum!

don't my comments always start that way on here? hehe

this sounds great for fall!

cheers!

oh and i am doing a magazine giveaway for my 100th post! be sure to enter!

Deanna said...

Another great one! Perfect for this crazy week I am having.

Preston said...

That looks tasty and sooo easy. I found you through Tattooed Minivan Mom. Anyone who can trade inappropriate insults certainly gets my interest. :)

Jamey said...

oh my that looks good, I love the pictures they help a bunch! happy TMTT!

scargosun said...

That is SCARY easy! I am SO bringing that to the next party I got to.

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Oh, wow! That looks absolutely scrumptious!! :D Great pics!

Happy TMTT!!
Sherry

Kelly said...

Those look great and easy too!
What is the book you are reading..maybe I'll check it out..
I've always loved her show.. :)

Anonymous said...

Yummm....looks amazing!

Frugal Finds said...

Oh these look so yummy!!!

Maria said...

I love Giada's new book too! I am going to make a veggie version of this! Looks amazing!

Jen said...

I am a huge Giada fan as well. I so need to get that book. I think I will go to Amazon right now.

Lula! said...

Please. Make this for me. I beg of you. I have neither the time nor patience. And yours would taste better, anyway.

Laila said...

Ooooh, I might make this tonight for my Tuesday night with the ladies! I love proscuitto, and spinach and CHEESE of course, thanks!

HiHoOhio said...

No longer wondering "whats for dinner" I have dinner plans now....off to market!

Unknown said...

This looks perfect! Simple and delish! Like almost all of your recipees. Or Giada's... Or Whomevers! : ). Thank you.

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

My husband will love when I make this. Hey, thanks for the word of encouragement about my little "extra" note this week. I am glad you keep coming back.

Anonymous said...

Seriously, can I just hire you to come cook for my family? LOL!!!

Printing this one out!

Tara @ Feels Like Home said...

This sounds delicious. I think it would be great with basil leaves instead of spinach, too.

I wonder why it's an appetizer. If you cut it into larger pieces, it would be a great stromboli-type meal. Yum!

Pam said...

I love finding new recipes for pizza dough. This look really good!

Debra said...

Oh gosh....that looks so yummy!! I must try it soon.

Yellow Beads said...

Looking at the picture, you would think the recipe is complicated--yet it is so simple! YUM!

A happy heart at home said...

Mmmmm! Yum!

~Susan

Unknown said...

I'm going to have to stop coming by your site because every time I do I get hungry. Damn the bad luck.

Piece o' Coconut Cake said...

This is perfect for Halloween night. I have kids and parents over for a bite after trick-or-treating and this will hit the spot. Thanks and happy TMTT!

SarahHub said...

This looks great! My husband would love it! Thanks for posting!

Lana said...

This looks so good. I WILL be making this!
Thanks for sharing... :-)

Lisa Cobler said...

Super easy and yummy. My kind of recipe.

Baby Favorite said...

I love Giada's recipes, too, though I don't have a cookbook of hers (yet). I usually just watch her shows and download the recipes.

This looks DELECTABLE. I must try it soon. Thanks!

And thanks for stopping by my blog, too, and commenting. You're so sweet!

Sweet Pea Chef said...

Yum. Yum.

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Numm,num,num! Looks so good. Anything with mozzerella is good in my book.

Zesty Cook said...

I am a huge fan of Giada's recipes as well. That looks amzing. Thanks so much for sharing.

zesty

Carrie said...

Yummmmmm.....

Anonymous said...

buy xanax online xanax side effects weight loss - xanax dosage by weight