Friday, October 3, 2008

Chicken Florentine Bake

This is a simple dish I threw together the other night to get rid of a few things in the house but it also met my need to make something new, especially for a quick weeknight meal. I adjusted the Swiss Mushroom Chicken Bake quite a bit to make a different version. I had it ready in under 30 minutes. It remains healthy because you only need to use 1/2 can of a cream of soup in the entire dish, since it's mixed with the white wine. A few of you who don't like mushrooms can easily omit them from the dish.



Chicken Florentine Bake

4-5 chicken breasts, flattened out, or cutlets
Fresh baby spinach
1 c onions chopped
2 clove garlic, minced
4-8 oz fresh mushrooms
1/2 can cream of chicken or mushroom
Shredded mozzarella or your fav cheese
1/2 c white wine plus a little extra
Pepperidge Farm Herbed Stuffing Mix

Pre-heat over to 375. Meanwhile, heat some olive oil in a pan. Saute garlic until fragrant. Add onions & cook for a few minutes. Add spinach & cook until wilted. I just love watching the spinach as this happens. Set aside.

Spray baking dish with Pam. Place chicken pieces in dish. Whisk together 1/2 c wine & cream of chicken & spoon over each piece of chicken. Top it with the mushrooms, then spinach mixture. Scatter shredded mozzarella & stuffing mix over the top. I also pour just a little wine around the dish. Spray top with a little more Pam. I do this instead of melted butter when I'm trying to cut out fat. Bake for 25 minutes.

Click Here for Printable Recipe

****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ******

I hope everyone has a nice weekend. I plan to cook a bit, meet my sister in the middle of where we both live, at the beach with a picnic lunch, so she can see my little guy, & we're having a Sunday dinner which means I'm going to get my gourmet on. It's been a while & as much as I love these easy weeknight meals I miss the more complicated dishes that Sunday dinners bring.

22 comments:

Kacey said...

Have fun this weekend and enjoy your family time. The beachy picnic sounds fabulous! I know you'll have fun!

Jen said...

Yum! Thanks for sharing! I've been looking for a healthier chicken/soup recipe for awhile. Can't wait to try this!

sassy stephanie said...

Yum, yum and yum. Love all the ingredients in this. Have a great picnic and great weekend!

Scary Mommy said...

Yum!!! That looks amazing!!! Your blog is fabulous, I'm adding you to my blog roll so I remember to come back. Thanks so much for posting about the contest and good luck! I have special prizes for people who posted about it, so you are sure to win something! :)

Tammy said...

Sounds delicious. I am always looking for new things to try. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Cheffie-Mom said...

YUMMY! Thanks for sharing! I've got some great recipes you might want to try out-- Go to www.dishingwithdebbie.com and click on recipes!

tiarastantrums said...

oh, this looks so yummy!!!

Maria said...

Have a great weekend! Sounds like you have some fun things planned! Have fun cooking up a storm! Can't wait to see your posts/recipes!

Mo said...

Say it isn't so? There are actually people who don't like mushrooms? Oh the horror!

I hope you have a great weekend. Sounds like it will be food for your soul.

Guess who gets the Twilight series this weekend? And who most likely won't be getting much done as a result?

Unknown said...

Simple. I really wouldn't call too many dishes you put on here simple. I can't wait to see pictures of the complicated stuff.

Anonymous said...

My Hubby's coworkers like to read my blog and then pretend to him that they don't know about it while casually asking about things I've written about - as if they think we are stupid. Well, Hubby left to go out of town at like 4:30 this morning and sure enough first thing his coworkers were on every blog I have reading all there was to read. I have been trying for months to get them to openly admit what they are doing. I have their IP addresses tracked and know it is them.. and the casual questions they ask also make it obvious. No clue why they are so chicken that they can't just man up about it...

One day they will though, I will just keep calling them out. I know it is petty and childish, but I really do feel slightly stalked by them...and knowing they know he is out of town creeps me out a bit.

((HUGS))

I wish I could come to your place for dinner!

Jen said...

this looks like a real winner, I can't wait to print it out and try it. Yum!

Anonymous said...

I would have lost my patience too! Why do men have to act like such babies???

Jenny said...

Mmm, I love florentine dishes. I'll be making this one for sure! Have a great weekend!

Rhea said...

Ok, you people who just "throw together" these meals impress the heck out of me. I just don't have that capability. Damnit. This looks AWESOME.

Erin said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm so glad to have found you! I can't wait to read all these recipes! Thanks for sharing them all--I love it!

Kiera said...

Looks delish!!

I made your cookies and OMG they were amazing! They're gone now. Thanks for the awesome recipe. I'm so proud of myself!!!

Angela said...

Looks awesome! I can't wait to see what you whip up Sunday as well. Like you, I'm missing cooking lately, with all that's been going on around here. I'm hoping to make some waffles and maybe something for dinner tomorrow.

Unknown said...

This sounds simple and delicious! I can't wait to hear about your gourmet weekend meal! I will look forward to it! You are such an inspiration!

Emily said...

Sounds DIVINE!

Life, Love And Lola said...

Yum! Have a fab weekend!

About the search term tracking. I use my traffic feeder. If you look at it in real time it shows terms that people googled. I know there is a way to track through google analytics too, but I haven't figured that out yet.

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

I'm trying that this week! It looks wonderful. I love anything with wine...have I said that before? :)