Saturday, November 28, 2020

Taco Tofu Chili

I met my friend Kacey through the blogging world back in the day when Pioneer Woman actually visited my blog, before she became famous and was on Food Network. Kacey & I became good friends & I even visited her in TN. She gave me this awesome recipe on a beautiful card. I never made it. Funny enough, my husband and I became whole food plant based eaters in 1/2019. I was looking through recipes & found her sweet recipe card. I thought to myself, why not sub the beef with tofu. And what came out of that was sweet victory. Hubs loves it & when it's done, a new batch gets made. It couldn't be easier because you just dump everything in except for the corn, which gets drained. 




1 pkg extra firm tofu

2 tblsp taco seasoning

Vegetable broth for cooking

1 onion, diced

1 can kidney beans, UNdrained

2 cans pinto beans, UNdrained

1 tblsp Ranch seasoning

1 can white corn

1 can Hot Rotel 

1 can original Rotel

1 4oz can diced green chiles

Drain tofu, crumble & lay out on paper towel to rid of excess water. Or use tofu press. Add to air fryer & sprinkle with taco seasoning. Air fry for about 15 minutes, tossing & breaking up a few times since the tofu will stick tpgether. 

Saute onion in vegetable broth until brown. Mix in beans (undrained), Rotel, corn, chiles, Ranch seasoning. Let simmer & cover until tofu is ready. 

When tofu is nice & brown, add it to the chili. 

I like to air fry oil free corn tortillas to go with this. Hubs still eats cheese so he adds some shredded. 





No comments: