Sunday, November 29, 2020

Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies

Found this recipe in a cookbook I had for over 15 years but never used. My son said he was craving something sweet lately so I thought I would try these. They were perfect to him. We don't like overly sweet things so these were just right. 

3/4 c butter, softened

1/4 c shortening

3/4 c sugar

3/4 c firmly packed brown sugar

2 large eggs

1 tsp vanilla extract

 2 1/4 c all purpose flour

1 tsp baking soda

1/4 tsp salt

1 12oz pkg semi sweet chocolate morsels



Beat butter and shortening at medium speed until fluffy. Gradually add sugars, beating well. Adds eggs and vanilla, beating well.

Combine flour, soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture, mixing well. Stir in chocolate morsels. Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 375 for 9-11 minutes.  Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Makes 6 1/2 dozen. 

Food for Thought: I did not have patience to make 6 or so batches so I made mine a little bigger and had to carefully monitor the time. 

No comments: