Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My Favorite Places......

Here is another picture of the inside of one of my favorite places in my downtown area or in any area for that matter. It's a wine & coffee bar with live music. This was taken a few weeks ago as I went in for a cup of coffee after the Farmer's Market with Tristan. Here, friends & family gather, eat, drink, be merry and listen to great live music together. I love the ecclectic atmosphere, it has curtains on the ceiling which are normally not allowed (fire hazards) but they were grandfathered in I was told. Sometimes I imagine doing what I love, cooking & entertaining, professionally. I can't visualize catering or owning a restaurant but having a cute little place like this in the town I love? Now, I can see that clearly. Ya never know..........


And the place below is the new & only upscale restaurant in our little downtown. I spoke about it a few weeks ago when I went for Sunday brunch. It's at the bottom of the old historic hotel and only has about 8 tables. Very quaint & charming. The food was wonderful and between the husband & wife team who owns it, we felt like the only people in the place because of their personal attention. Right behind those flowers is the open kitchen. You can see the chef from any seat as he prepares your delicious meal.

You can see the four tables here, but there's a few more to the left. Then there is a little alcove which seats 6 people. Perfect for a little private family dining on a special occasion.

6 comments:

sassy stephanie said...

How very cool. I love the open concept kitchen. What a great place to eat and make memories!

Deanna said...

Looks so cozy and watching someone else cook sounds wonderful. It is too hot to be in the kitchen right now.

Stella's World said...

I love the french doors and the open kitchen is reassuring.It's always fun to watch the chef's technique. We just ate at a place last week near St.Augustine called The Saltwater Cowboy. It had a beautiful salad with a unique dressing and it had apple slices and a few raisins hidden in it.The place looked out over sawgrass at the egde of a river and it had french doors everywhere.

Jen said...

Looks like a wonderful place.

Anonymous said...

It looks like a really nice place. I dislike restaurants that are too over the top, this looks just right.

Tam said...

Charming Charming!!!!!! LOVE it!