• 20 to 24 large fresh mushrooms
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
• 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked, crumbled & drained
• 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
• 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
• 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
• 1 egg white
Remove mushroom stems from caps. Set caps aside (discard stems or save for another use). In a small skillet, saute onion & garlic in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the sausage, bread crumbs, Parmesan, parsley & egg white. Stir in onion mixture. Fill the mushroom caps; place in a lightly greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until mushrooms are tender & tops are browned. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Just one tip: prep the mushrooms ahead of time to make it easy on yourself. Remove the stem & wipe down mushrooms with a damp towel. Store in a ziploc bag until you're ready to fill. Also, make the filling ahead of time & then take out of fridge for enough time to take the chill out of them so they heat nicely.