Friday, March 28, 2008

Mini Cheesecake Tarts with Fruit

This has become one of those desserts I make any chance I get for a gathering. So simple, yet people will ask, you made those? People love anything tart like or individually prepared as opposed to a whole cake. If you use fresh fruit like strawberries and blueberries which has much less sugar than the canned, just cut up and toss with a little sugar and lemon juice. This will give you a little syrupy effect. I did this once and may keep doing it since I like to make 3 fruit toppings so there are 4 of each. The canned fruit is very expensive and it does not freeze well when I have leftover.

(2) 8oz pkgs cream cheese, softened
(1) cup sugar
(1) tsp vanilla extract
(2) eggs
(12) vanilla wafers
(1) can pie filling or fresh fruit, blueberry, cherry, apple
(1) pkg cupcake holders

Preheat over to 350. Line each cup of a 12 muffin pan with a cupcake liner and lay a wafer flat side down in each. Beat cream cheese with mixer until fluffy. Add sugar and vanilla. Beat well. Add eggs one at a time beating after each addition. Spoon cream cheese mixture over wafers. It should almost come up to the top. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Check with toothpick after 20. Allow to cool completely on a rack. The middle will collapse a bit and this is perfect to hold the fruit. Fill each tart with fruit. Cool in fridge until ready to serve. I like to take them out 10 minutes prior to serving just to get some of the chill out.

If making apple, you can chop up some and saute until softened. I like to sprinkle a little cinnamon on top.

23 comments:

Rhea said...

Sounds yummy!

KimmyJ said...

Yum, again! Love your song selections.

Jen said...

That is an absolutely fabulous idea! I must admit that I really like little individual deserts because then I don't feel as guilty if I eat more than one. I don't know what it is, it just feels like there are less calories in the little deserts than if you had two slices of cheesecake or whatever.

Sherri said...

Someone brought me these once and I have always wanted the recipe. Thank you for posting it!!

Melissa Lester said...

Ooh, these sound great! I love to host tea parties, so I bet these would go over well. I will have to try these this week!

sassy stephanie said...

I love individuals. They look so girlie on a nice dish.

So, these freeze well?

sassy stephanie said...

Thanks for the quick response! I loooove Blue Moon. I am going to keep my eye on you! I am always looking for new inspiration in the kitchen. I can't go wrong with another STEF!!

You have some FAB looking dishes. I love the weight loss challenge you did with your friend as well. I so need to set up the same thing!

Apple Joos said...

I love cheese cake and these tart servings are a great way to have one without going overboard on calories, for those who are watching their weight. And now, Philadelphia has made it even easier to make cheesecake by having a pre-made, no bake tub of it in the cream cheese section.

Angela said...

These look so yummy!! Enjoy your day today! I had so much fun being featured yesterday, and you will enjoy all the love. I'm off to check out your other recipe!

Tina Butler said...

How cute and so easy. I love cheeseckae and easy recipes. I love your blog.

~*Paty*~ said...

My mouth won't stop watering!

Stephanie said...

Those look so pretty and so good! I love cheesecake.

Jess NBP said...

sounds delicious!!

Kimberly said...

Congrats on your SITS Recipes feature! I am a big fan of these little cheesecakes! Too yummmy!

Tiffany said...

The girls at book club are going to love me. These are so stinkin' cute!

Unknown said...

Oh my giddy aunt!!! I love cheesecake, but don't dare have it in the house, because I'd scoff the lot.

As Apple said, these look just the right size, as far as portion control goes and I can freeze the rest for later....or give them to friends..

Veronica said...

I love individual cheesecakes-yours look delicious! Now if I can just remind myself that it's one per person...when they're small I'm always convincing myself I can have more than one!

thotlady said...

Love cheesecake of any kind. It's one of my top 5 favorite desserts.

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

Totally with you Tholady! Love cheesecake and these look fantastic!

Claremont First Ward said...

Will DEFINITELY try these. YUMMM>>>>>>

Mrs4444 said...

Looking for a dessert to take to a lunch next week; this will be perfect! (Do they do okay overnight in the fridge?)

Wright said...

Totally with you Tholady! Love cheesecake and these look fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Simply desire to say your article is as amazing. The clarity on your post is
just spectacular and that i could assume you are an expert on this subject.
Fine together with your permission let me to grasp your feed to stay updated
with drawing close post. Thanks a million and
please keep up the gratifying work.

Review my web-site ... Louis Vuitton Handbags