Friday, June 26, 2009

Fruit Dip & More Vacay Recap

Forgive me today for posting an extremely simple recipe & without a picture to boot. I've been in a fog since coming back from vacation; just lazy, not cooking much or getting back into my groove of working out & challenging myself to tackle as much as I can at once. I think I'll turn things around this weekend.

Anyway, I made this as a little healthy treat while we were in Hilton Head, something to snack on in the midst of all the other indulgences. I remained somewhat healthy on vacation by pulling Tristan in this kiddy cart to the Piggly Wiggly on a couple of mornings & around the resort & to the harborside, as well as doing laps in the pool in between each beer I had.




Fruit Dip

1 cup of non-fat vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup of applesauce
Dash of nutmeg
A few sprinkles of cinnamon

Mix all ingredients & serve with fruit, especially apples & strawberries.

And a couple more of my favs from the vacation:

{I love this shot of the torch lit at Charley's Crab on the intracoastal. Thank you for the recommendation Leigh Anne! Or was it a demand?!}

{We were beat our first night. This chair was my favorite spot in the house we rented}


{I hope one day my son likes the beach better than he does now. Still makes for a handsome beach goer}


Have a great weekend everyone! I'll be back next week with some goodies.

18 comments:

Stephanie said...

Your pics are great!
Love the recipe with no pic! Thanks

Kameron said...

Looks like a great trip! I am hoping Natey likes the beach this summer. Last year all he wanted to do was eat the sand!

Coco said...

Y'alls vacay looks like a fabulous time!
The pic or you and Trysten napping is hilarious. Y'all look just alike in the picture.

Have a great weekend!

Kristina P. said...

What a great time!

The Blonde Duck said...

I'm going to the beach in a few weeks! I'll try this fruit thing! (And I love how you did laps between beers!)

Jen said...

Oh that fruit dip sounds great. My kids are going to love it.
And what a get vacation you had!

Erin said...

Looks like you had an AMAZING time!!

Sara said...

Such fun pictures! The fruit dip sounds great, I bet it would be good with peaches too.

Debbie said...

What great photos. Looks like you all had a blast.

Tami (Pixeltrash) said...

Love the sleeping photo. YOu can tell you are both zonked. Looks like you had a wonderful time. That recipe is a yummy one. I made something like it today with a Greek 0% yogurt. YUMMMY!

Lula! said...

I do a similar dip--but with strawberry yogurt and coolwhip and cinnamon. Delish.

As is Charley's Crab.
You now know why I rave about it.
Sigh...
Only 2 more months till their She-Crab soup passes these lips. Sigh...

Courtney said...

that looks like a fantastic beach trip...what fun! and the fruit dip sounds great. did you use flavored yogurt? or plain?

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a great trip! Just stopping by to say hi!

Simple Daisy said...

Looks like a really fun vacation! That dip looks super tastey too!! Well...take your time getting back into the swing of things! It always takes me awhile to get back to reality after a vacation!

Angela said...

Great pics girl! You did a much better job than me at staying semi-healthy on vacay. I basically ate everythink in sight and drank even more. ;-)

Can't wait to catch up. We are back from weekend vacation and zonked - heading for some sleep right now in fact. But will catch up this week! Hugs!

Michelle said...

Great shots. The one of you sleeping with Tristan is too funny.

Unknown said...

That picture is so funny : ) And wonderful! I love that you had such a great time and ate so well. I want (and need) to be more like you Stephanie : ).

Deanna said...

So if I eat this will I look as amazing as YOU? If so it is going to become my main diet item!!