Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Stir Fried Pork with Snow Peas & Cashews

This is one of our favorite stir frys, being healthful & so delicious as it is. I've made it many times whether on a weekend or even a weeknight & although it has more than a few ingredients I assure you it's a cinch to put together.



Directions:

1 pork tenderloin
3 tblspn soy sauce
1 tblspn Chinese rice wine
¾ cup chicken broth
2 tsp corn starch
¼ cup oyster sauce
½ tsp sesame oil
½ tsp crushed red pepper
2 tblspn oil
1 medium onion, chopped
5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 10oz pkg snow peas or sugar snap, defrosted
½ cup cashew nuts
Whole grain brown rice

Slice pork crosswise into ¼” slices & then cut each slice crosswise to get long thin pieces. Transfer to small bowl & add 1 tblspn of the soy sauce & rice wine. Toss & refrigerate.

**Combine ¼ cup of chicken broth, the remainder of soy sauce, cornstarch, oyster sauce, sesame oil & crushed red pepper. Set aside.**

Heat oil in pan until very hot. Add pork & stir fry until no longer pink but don’t overcook. Maybe 5 minutes. Transfer to plate. Add onion & garlic to pan & cook for a few minutes until slightly softened. Add snow peas & remaining broth & cook for a few minutes. Add soy sauce/broth mixture & cook for 1 minute or until sauce is thickened. Return pork to pan & add cashews.

Serve over rice.

My thoughts:

This is good for 2 people with leftovers or 4 peoples with no leftovers.
**If you like it saucy double the sauce above (which is just the broth/soy sauce mixture) even if just for 2 people.**

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to tell you that although this is probably delish, I will never try it because I don't do pork!

Tam said...

MY hubs fav kind of dishes!

Anonymous said...

Mmm..this looks fab!

Courtney said...

MMMMM! We love stir fries...so I'll have to give this a go.

Trooper Thorn said...

I'll give that a try. I love stirfrys but eh kids complain bitterly when I tell them that's what I'm making. But they always clean their plates.