Monday, August 11, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Swirl Bread Pudding

I discovered this deliciousness from Deanna's Corner Cooking last week & knew I had to make it this weekend. In fact, they were the inspiration for a little after dinner dessert gathering at my house Saturday evening. Here's the recipe plus a few pictures.


1 lb loaf Cinnamon Swirl Bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
(I used Cinnamon Swirl Raisin Bread & will next time as well)
½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 1/3 cups 1% lowfat milk
3 large eggs
½ cup sugar
2 tblspns packed brown sugar
Pinch of salt
½ cup powdered sugar
2 1/2 tblspns 1% lowfat milk
1 tblspns pure maple syrup
_______________________
Preheat oven to 350F. Place bread cubes & chocolate chips into a large mixing bowl. In a medium bowl whisk the milk, eggs, sugar, brown sugar & salt. Pour over bread cubes. Stir to combine. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray & spoon bread pudding mixture evenly into muffin tins. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from center of pudding. Remove & let cool for 10 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack. In a medium bowl whisk together powdered sugar, milk & syrup until well combined. Drizzle over bread pudding & serve warm.

And just for giggles, I had to post this picture especially since someone asked me what my shoe size was (5) after they saw the pic of my closet. BF Tam came over with her girls Tiffy & Tori. Tori is 7 years old & was sporting her Hanna Montana shoes. This is us exchanging shoes. And they fit!!!!!!!

My feet are with the painted toenails.......

10 comments:

Jen said...

You are so full of awesome ideas, I just can't keep up. I am so excited b/c tonight for dinner I am going to try your Chicken Brushcette Bake and possible the spinach gratin, if I have enough spinach.
I didn't cook much last week b/c I wasn't in the mood but now I am itching to get back in my kitchen.

Angela said...

You have been cooking up a storm lately! Awesome job trying new (and old) favorites. These look delicious.

I once found a "copycat" recipe for those Cinnabon rolls like you can buy at the mall. I was very surprised to have them turn out perfectly. Hmmm. I feel a cooking demonstration coming soon, LOL!

Yellow Beads said...

Man, oh, man...I wish you were my neighbor, because I'd be at your house all the time!! hehe.

Barbara said...

These sound delicious!

Cheffie-Mom said...

Yum! Yum! I'm going to have to try this recipe. Have you tried out any of the recipes on my website. There are some great ones! Thanks for sharing!

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Hahahahahahahah! (That was for your comment on my post) I seriously laughed out loud.

The dessert looks delicious and your set up is so cute. When are you having another dessert party? I'd like to come. :)

carrhop said...

Gonna have to try this one! Bread pudding is my husband's fav and this looks amazing! Thanks for the inspiration!
Blessings!

Tam said...

YUMMY.....I need to do some cooking soon!

The Nice One said...

Wow, that looks fantastic! I always need some sweet entertaining food for the Cult I mean PTA Meetings.

Thanks for stopping by the other day. Glad you vented. Anytime, lady anytime.

daisy said...

This looks fabulous. I love bread pudding, but the recipe I have is not a fave of mine. I'm going to give this one a try.

Thanks for stopping by.