Monday, May 17, 2010

Triple Cheese Mushrooms

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!!!!! Mine was a very balanced one ~  entertaining with friends who unfortunately are leaving town soon, lots of kitchen & cooking time & some exercising outdoors to keep the energy level up in order to enjoy all those things I just mentioned!

This appetizer is from Paula Deen & one I knew I had to make soon after seeing it. It was one of the appies I made on Mother's Day. We all loved them!!

I absolutely loved making them the day before, only to have to pop them in the oven right before guests arrive.


Triple Cheese Mushrooms

{ Click for Printable Recipe }

2 16 oz pkgs fresh mushrooms
1 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
2 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
Salt
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese

reheat oven to 350° F. Using damp paper towels, wipe mushroom caps clean; remove & discard stems, or save for another use. In colander, squeeze liquid out of spinach until dry.

n large bowl, mix spinach, feta, cream cheese, green onions & 1/4 teaspoon salt until well combined. Fill each mushroom with heaping teaspoon spinach mixture; top with Parmesan. Transfer to 15 1/2-inch by 10 1/2-inch jelly-roll pan; bake 15 minutes or until mushrooms are tender & filling is golden brown.


{ Food for Thought }

Make it easy on yourself & assemble the day before. Let sit at room temp for 1/2 hour before baking in the oven.

I kept the filling amount the same & bought (2) 16oz pkgs of mushrooms. I picked the best ones of the group for my stuffed mushrooms knowing I would have some left over yet using all of my filling. 



I also like to take a little 1/4 tsp & use it to carve out more space in the mushroom for the filling, otherwise I feel like there just isn't enough.

I was able to make about 30 mushrooms.

~ ~ ~   ~ ~ ~   ~ ~ ~   ~ ~ ~

And now for one of the few things I love more deeply than appetizers:

My handsome boy. It's been too long since I've posted a pic of him.

Tristan ~ 6 yo


Enjoy. Him. The Mushrooms. All of it. Oh, enjoy your week too! 
Can't wait to come by & see you!


{ Linking Deliciously to Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays & Wordful Wednesdays}

38 comments:

Meals by Misty said...

I'm enjoying looking at the mushrooms and at your adorable Tristan! He is such the handsome fella. We found out we are having a boy and I'm beyond happy! Boys are great!
I really wish my husband would eat mushrooms. I love them and he hates them. A house divided! I will be adding these to my catering ensemble. Happy Monday!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It's printing right now as I type.
These sound wonderful. Thanks.

Jessica said...

These sound amazing! Can't wait to try them. I actually just hollered to my hubby "do you liked stuffed mushrooms?" as I was reading this. I think they will be on the menu this week.

Your son is too cute : ) They grow soooo fast!

Simple Daisy said...

Those mushrooms look so yummy and your son is adorable:) :)

Brenda said...

Those look delicious and relatively low fat. I like your tip on scooping out more of the inside with a 1/4 tsp measuring spoon.

I wonder. . . . j/k!

Lazaro Cooks said...

Those mushrooms would get any party started. Wonderful job.

Tristan...good strong name!

Cheers!

Jason, as himself said...

I would like an extra large order of these--as my meal--with some extra mushrooms and cheese on the side.

YUMMMMERS!

Kristina P. said...

There really are few things better than stuffed mushrooms.

Michelle said...

Oh, I have all the ingredients on hand to make these. I'll bet everyone would be surprised to have these babies with dinner tomorrow night!!

Tristan is as handsome as ever. :)

Erin said...

YUM

~Marie~ said...

Those mushrooms look delish!

And your little guy is looking so grown up.

JessieLeigh said...

Oh, these sound divine! Cheese? Mushrooms? What's not to like?? Thanks for sharing! Yum. :)

Pam said...

Your boy is so darn cute!

The mushrooms look amazing... everything is better with three cheeses!

FROGGITY! said...

he's a doll!!! growing up really fast.

I LOVEEEEEE stuffed mushrooms.

Kristen said...

Super yummy - I can't wait to try them!

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

He's gorgeous, and so are those mushrooms. I love love love stuffed mushrooms, but hate hate hate making them. That settles it, I'm coming over!

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma What's for Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Leah Beyer said...

I heart Paula. I love butter, cheese, and everything you need to make her dishes. Thanks for sharing! Look forward to reading your blog and snagging some new recipes.

http://beyerbeware.blogspot.com

The Blonde Duck said...

Cheese and mushrooms, yum!

Unknown said...

Hubba hubba, most stuffed mushrooms I can't eat because there is some sort of seafood in them. Love these. Thanks for the recipe and I"m going to give it a try, soon.

Maria said...

Great appetizer! I can't wait to try these!

Tam said...

Triple Cheese...ahhh! HE is so cute!

Dewi said...

Tristan look so cute, he also has that very beautiful smile.

Love this tiny morsels, perfect for entertaining!

The Blonde Duck said...

But don't you love thick pimento cheese sandwiches? I eat it straight out of the bowl!

Barb said...

I didn't learn to enjoy mushrooms till I was in my 30's. Now I can't get enough. These look particularly yummy! Thanks for the recipe.
From one Floridian to another!

Scary Mommy said...

I adore stuffed mushrooms!! Those look DELISH, and your baby is getting so big!!!! He's just adorabale!

Reeni said...

Love the filling in these! And your son is adorable!

jo@blog-diggidy said...

oooohhh these look really good!! i love mushrooms!! =) thnx!

baby crib said...

You did a great job on the mushrooms! I love it! Love the stuffing! Cool recipe!

Debbie said...

Oh that Paula. She is one brilliant lady to put feta, parmesan and cream cheese together. I think I love her.

Venus and Mars said...

I will make these for my next party for sure ! In the recipe box it goes ! Handsome little guy you have there ! :)

Unknown said...

He is getting so big. It's like I can not even believe how he is growing right in front of my eyes!

Very sweet.

And the appetizer? Scrumptious for sure!

Yellow Beads said...

what a great photo of your son!!

Bo said...

I love mushrooms...These sound great!

Val said...

Oh my word...These look amazing.

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

I am drooling at the thought of these. You have no idea how much I love mushrooms. Just gorgeous :)

Unknown said...

These look just so delicious and pop-able. I think I am going to try these this weekend for my little Superbowl get together. I will let you know how they come out.
come check out my blog, I am new but I sure an having fun with what I eating out of my kitchen
thanks :)

sue said...

These look wonderful! I was browsing looking for ideas and this one grabbed me. Trying it tomorrow!

Sugar, Spice and Everything Vegetarian! said...

I love mushrooms, and yours look amazing!!

If your looking for another stuffed mushroom recipe try mine out
http://sugarspiceandeverythingvegetarian.blogspot.com/2011/02/family-dinner.html