Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Miniature Pancake Muffins

Whew...this past weekend marked the end of a wonderful month full of entertaining, get togethers & visiting family. It's been awesome & tiring at the same time!!!!

A sweet reader had emailed me this recipe thinking I might like it. Since my sister & her kids were visiting last week I figured it would be perfect as a breakfast appetizer. We really enjoyed them & they were super easy to make. I loved having all the ingredients on hand, except the buttermilk which I subbed.

Next time I will definitely be making these with blueberries!! These would even make a nice gift to your neighbor or friend, fresh out of the oven & wrapped up in a basket.

MINIATURE PANCAKE MUFFINS

{ Printable Recipe Here }

1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 tblsp sugar
2/3 cup buttermilk or substitute *
1 egg
2 tblsp pure maple syrup
2 tblsp melted butter
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips or blueberries

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 24 mini muffin pan with liners. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt & sugar in a medium bowl. Sift together with a wire whisk. In another bowl, stir buttermilk, egg, maple syrup & melted butter until just combined.

Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients & stir with a spoon until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour 2/3 full into each cup. Bake for 9-11 minutes. Serve with syrup.

{ Food for Thought }

If you don’t have buttermilk, just put 1 tblsp white vinegar in a 1 cup measuring cup. Fill with milk to get to 1 cup. Let rest for 5 minutes.

I'd suggest using a bit less than 1/2 cup chocolate chips as it was a little overpowering. 


{ For more deliciousness, visit Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays! }

31 comments:

starnes family said...

I love the secret buttermilk fix, because I never have it! Awesome.

Scary Mommy said...

Love these!! And look at you all fancy with the adorable pictures!

~Marie~ said...

Mmmmmm.... I want some right now!

Jessica said...

YUMMMM. Those look soooo good!

Nana said...

Those sound so good right now!!

Erin said...

OMG those look perfect!

Coco said...

The vinegar trick has been a lifesave many times. I never have buttermilk.

Thse look wonderful!

Kristina P. said...

Oh, wow! This looks so cute and delicious!

Joanie said...

What a great idea! Pancake muffins!! And mini ones are the best!

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

Oh my kids are going to love these!!!!!

Alex aka Ma What's for Dinner

Gloria Baker said...

I love theses cute muffins!! Look wonderful, gloria

Sara said...

I never have buttermilk. Thanks for the tip!!

These look awesome! I love blueberries and pancakes. Both of those together just makes it wonderful.

Ronda said...

They look yummy, and easy for guests. Blueberries would be delish!
Appetizer for breakfast? What was the main course? Ha! I think these would be just perfect with bacon!
XOXO

FROGGITY! said...

this would go over extremely well in my house! and it's so CUTE too! great recipe.

Brenda said...

It would be interesting to know if you could make these with pancake mix. They would make a fun breakfast

Debby@Just Breathe said...

These sound awesome. Thank you for the recipe.

Michelle said...

Thanks for reminding me to try these little gems. They would be perfect for my high schooler that is usually rushing out of the door and eating breakfast on the run.

Chef E said...

Maybe you have just given me a brilliant guise for pancakes, for a finicky hubby who does not eat anything but cereal! A ha! Its sad huh, I cannot get him to go out for breakfast because he feels cereal is adequate :( bleck, my sister and I decided we hate cereal, because growing up poor it was all we had sometimes all day, lol, oops sharing!

Erin said...

I love breakfast foods!
Merrick would LOVE these!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Hey Stephanie. This pancake muffins look great! Sorry I haven't been by in a while. The move and unpacking have gotten the best of me. Thanks for sharing your recipe and linking to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

Unknown said...

Buttermilk makes me so happy.
I know, I know! It is a shame!

Unknown said...

Boy, would love to make some of those and shove them full of blueberries.

Lot-O-Choc said...

Mmmmmm wow these look so good, yummmm pancakey goodness!

Lazaro Cooks said...

Saw your profile on another page. Glad I found your blog. Look forward to following you here. Have a great day!

Yellow Beads said...

those look so cute...and yummy! (yes, I am alive!! Sorry I ahven't been around much!)

Christo Gonzales said...

the last shot looks so tempting - what a photo - if I was on a diet I would not be happy right now!

Reeni said...

I love the whole sound of a pancake muffin! I had to laugh because whenever we get a new neighbor my family teases me about bringing them muffins in a basket. That's just the sort of thing us food bloggers would do.

Stephanie said...

Oh these are so darling. My kids would love them!

The Blonde Duck said...

Those are adorable!

Kerstin said...

Oh wow, I love this idea! The goodness of pancakes in a portable package - yum!

Maria said...

Those are so cute and creative!