MOO SHU VEGETABLES / SHRIMP / CHICKEN
3 tsp toasted sesame oil, divided
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 tsp minced fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 12-ounce bag broccoli slaw
2 cups mung bean sprouts
1 bunch scallions, sliced, divided
1 tblsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 tblsp rice vinegar
2 tblsp hoisin sauce
Asian chili garlic sauce for garnish
Heat 1 tsp oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add eggs; cook, stirring gently, until set, about 2 minutes. Remove to a plate. Wipe out pan & heat the remaining 2 tsp oil over medium heat. Add ginger & garlic & cook, stirring, until softened & fragrant, 1 minute. Add shredded vegetables, bean sprouts, half the sliced scallions, soy sauce & vinegar. Stir to combine.
Cover & cook, stirring once or twice, until the vegetables are just tender, about 3 minutes. Add the reserved eggs & hoisin; cook, uncovered, stirring & breaking up the scrambled eggs, until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the remaining scallions & remove from the heat.
- sesame oil need not be toasted
- 3 eggs were enough
- powdered ginger would work well!
- up the garlic to 4 cloves
- original recipe suggested tortillas but it seemed weird to me. Go to your local Chinese take out place as I did & ask for the moo shu wrappers. They were $3 for a pkg of 10.
- didn't use the bean sprouts because the ones in my fridge were too old. maybe next time.
- If using shrimp like I did (about 20) then add in after 2 minutes of cooking the slaw. If using chicken, then cook by itself, keep warm, then add back when adding eggs & hoisin sauce.
For more yummy goodness please visit a new friend of mine at Momtrends!!!!